Data analyst at Network Rail

Cardiff Wales
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management

8.0/10

6.6

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at network rail. More than I thought I would!

You were treated no different to other colleagues and they respected you’re learning.

My manager was brilliant and understood the work I had to do as part of my degree as well as in the role. I had allocated time a week to write my diaries.

All new jobs are slow starting but once I had gained more business awareness and settled more into the role I had an ideal work load which pushed me when I needed it.

You’re not at all treated like you’re less qualified than your colleagues and respected just the same.

University doesn’t teach you the valuable communication skills you need in the work place.

Office was a lovely and calm environment. You’re sat in your teams so therefore get to build good relationships

Very well set up

They invested a little but a lot is up to you how much you push your development

I decided to try something else for my graduate scheme but have no doubt I will return in the future

There were often social events organised particularly summer and Christmas. There was also Friday drinks!

Cardiff is an amazing city

Cardiff has really good nightlife! It’s a student city with lots of interesting things to do. If you don’t drink there’s still plenty there to do for fun !

There were organised activities that you could get involved in