2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Overall felt valued by colleagues. However, it can be difficult to sometimes get respect from store staff as many of them have been with the business 10+ years and you are going in to be their manager immediately.
During project work at head office, i felt very valued and Area Managers and directors were always helpful and treated me with respect.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support was given by personal mentor and direct leader. However, the one thing the scheme lacked was clear feedback about how you are performing.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
You will always be busy, especially in store. There is never a point where you have nothing to do.
A lot of jobs say they are busy but Aldi is the most fast-paced business I have ever seen.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility to run a multi-million-pound store on a daily basis.
I was also given a lot of responsibility during project work, including running a multi-store trial of a new till management system.
You will not get more responsibility any where else
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Absiolutely will transfer, some key skills include:
Imagine yourself working at Aldi
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Aldi