Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
My role consists of IT service management for my team which includes the resolving/delegating of requests and incidents that are raised from all areas of the business/stores. I also am involved with the demand management for our team as well as well as SSRS report creation (via Visual Studio) and data extract issues that occur.
I believe I have learnt a wealth of skills so far and I still am continuing to improve on these skills. - Working to a consistent manner (in regard to hours/tasks I have assigned to me) - Improvement to my SQL skills, particularly in SSRS - Improvement in conveying points/understanding foreign concepts - Improvement in communication, working in a dynamic professional environment, organisation, -Juggling multiple responsibilities at once - Meeting tight deadlines etc...
I've had multiple different tasks and projects which have been assigned to me throughout my placement. Some of these were concurrent all throughout my placement where some of them would be assigned to me every other week/month or so. With having to juggle all of these things at once, I learnt the value of organisation, teamwork and multitasking. And with these, of course came an abundance of responsibility.
Support & Guidance
My team was composed of multiple data engineers who all had an abundance of experience and were always willing to assist me with my work, give me pointers and provide general advice to any question I had. Our team is very diverse, with multiple ethnicities and viewpoints which I found to be positively eye opening and a great environment to learn and grow in. Plus, my manager and director were extremely helpful!
The culture is brilliant, I didn't meet anyone who wasn't willing to help me out with a question I might have had whether it be a small or big one. The ethos one of hard work, friendliness and dedication. I found that most people I worked with all had a strong desire to succeed within their respective roles whilst also being incredibly welcoming.
I've enjoyed the placement so much to where I don't feel like going back to University! But overall, I've made great friends, settled into my team nicely and also built solid relationships with the people I've met in my journey so far. My Placement has given me a great environment to grow my professional/technical and social skillset whilst also instilling within me the value of hardwork.
I'd say apply! Aldi is a great place to work and is a company where you can grow professionally and personally.
Placement (10 Months+)