Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
Acting as an in-store manager leading teams of up to 30 people. Project work involves travelling across the region and creating high-quality analysis to assist the business. Area Manager work involves being the personnel leader to over 100 employees and working directly with Store Managers to better the performance of their stores.
I've gone from never working in retail or a management role to being able to run a store with revenues of over £1 million a month, then also having the opportunity to complete an Area Manager cover where I'll be responsible for over 100 employees. The main skill this placement teaches is leadership, however; discipline, resilience, and time management are just a few of the wide array that are also developed.
I doubt any other placement gives this level of responsibility. The sheer number of employees you can lead as a direct or personnel leader before graduating is incredible. The project work completed will be used to influence the strategy of the business, being entrusted to complete high quality work with highly confidential information.
Support & Guidance
In store the whole team around you cares about your development and will always act in your best interest. For the duration of the placement you will have a dedicated, experienced Area Manager to act as your mentor who will teach and challenge you to the best of their ability. There are regular check-ups with a Director and even the Managing Director of the region to ensure you are happy with the training process.
As long as you work hard and are as dedicated to your training as those delivering it to you are, then there is a great atmosphere of respect.
It was highly enjoyable, completing this placement has created a great sense of pride and I'd be very happy to return as a graduate.
Do plenty of research on the company and be prepared to commit yourself entirely to the placement, in-store you may be working as early as 5am or as late as 10pm so be sure that you are happy to do so.
Placement (10 Months+)