Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
A UK leading Placement opportunity! An incredible opportunity to receive hands on experience and functional training from an internationally renowned grocery retailer. The twelve month scheme is divided into two six month periods. The initial six months is primarily store based, offering world class training which will enable you to rapidly equip yourself with the tools needed to effectively run your training store, whilst simultaneously building lasting connections with your store team and enhancing your generic people skills. You will be able to progress from Store Assistant to Deputy Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, striving to deliver effective team leadership competencies, whilst also achieving industry leading KPI's. Following your successful Store time grading, you will be offered the chance to run a regional Project - with responsibilities extending from Inventory and Trading, to Property and beyond. (Be prepared to drive and travel between stores and the wider regional area). In between these fantastic experiences, you will be able to shadow the inner workings of how Aldi run their stores, from HR and recruitment processes, to Regional warehouse training. In conclusion, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to become a truly valued team player and help Aldi achieve further successes in real time.
Aldi's placement opportunity ensures you can gain a wealth of new skills, from increased IT functionality and your ability to increase efficiency, to enhancing your people skills. Every aspect of your ability to manage people and work effectively within retail will be supercharged during your time with this placement. Non-exhaustive list: 1. Time management, 2. Public speaking, 3. IT Proficiency, 4. HR and Recruitment experience, 5. KPI deliverance,
Industry leading methods are employed by Aldi to ensure you - as a Placement student - maximise your time with the company and that your work can immediately benefit Aldi as a company. This is incredibly rewarding to see, as you feel you are a valued worker. Additionally, you take great pride in the assurance that you have 'added value' back into the company. Levels of responsibility are second to none, in terms of current Placement experiences currently available.
Support & Guidance
Support is abound and can be easily found throughout your time with Aldi. You will regularly liaise with the Area manager of your stores area, with this person becoming your go-to for any issue you might need resolving. On the day-to-day running of the store, your Store Manager and wider store team will be happy to assist you with any issues you may incur. Additionally, throughout the year, you will be exposed to the wider regional Area manager team and Director group. Everyone within these groups and throughout my region was incredible in assisting me along the way with absolutely anything I needed.
Aldi is a fast paced retail environment, with the overall company culture being incredible to work for. You will go home and constantly want to go back to work, thinking about how you can best challenge yourself and teams you interact with to 'do better'. People work incredibly hard and at a fast pace - as everyone buzzes within stores to achieve consistently good results. Time travels fast within Aldi and the general atmosphere is brilliant to be a part of.
A fundamentally life changing experience, I would recommend this placement and any job role with Aldi immediately and with no hesitation. I have learnt so much in this placement year and would love to return with the company as a direct result from this years experience.
A. Challenge yourself to be open and adaptable to fast paced change B. Actively dive into new opportunities C. Actively seek out new queries D. Be a team player
Placement (10 Months+)
Retail, Business Operations, Business Management
East of England