Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Aldi
- 7. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Aldi
Whilst in store I was part of the management team. This meant I had responsibilities such as running the shop floor on a day to day basis; ordering the products for the store; to motivate and maintain the general wellbeing of the store team. In head office I have done a number of projects across a variety of departments, these projects are highly influential for example I had the chance to design self checkout areas for 7 stores.
My leadership skills have improved exponentially, the chance to have such a senior management role in a store at such a young age, and low level of experience, is unique and a worthwhile process. My ability to communicate effectively as part of a team has also improved, as it must when you are working with a management team of around 7 people to ensure a store that takes £500,000 a week meets commercial KPIs it has been set, whilst maintaining high customer facing standards.
The level of responsibility I was given is unlike any other placement students I have spoken to in any other scheme. The level you go in at is usually undertaken by people who have been with the business for a number of years.
Support & Guidance
You are assigned a mentor before you even start who reached out to me so you had a familiar face waiting for you on day one, the mentor then has regular catch ups (often weekly) where I was given lots of helpful advice and support. There were also a few other placement students in the same region who I got to know well and we supported each other throughout the year.
Very sociable place to work, particularly in store I became very close with a number of my colleagues. Hard work is expected but the directors were very conscious of work-life balance, asking at every update about working hours, interests outside of work, how we were doing mentally etc.
I have thoroughly enjoyed it, due to sense of purpose I had due to the large amount of responsibility I was given.
Go in open minded and willing to do anything as the work is so varied you have to buy in to every task you are given!
Placement (10 Months+)