1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Cummins, with plenty of challenges through out my time, with support from all members of staff when needed
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The value of work that I did with and for my collages was exceptional, they took on board what work I did, implemented this into the working solutions and make sure that the work that i was doing was always relevant to some form of the business
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support and guidance was excellent, there were never time where I felt like I couldn't reach out to someone to help if I had come across a problem or didn't know how to progress.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I feel that the work-load was more towards busy, but this was due to me taking on a lot of work to get the best out of my time here, as this enables you to manage your time and prioritize you work load on a regular basis.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Through out my time I was given various work within the business running key work that will enable the company to maintain, improve and develop there working environment and there work flow
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and training I have revived while working here will not just help me in my degree (e.g work load balance, time management and prioritization), but will help further into my working life as i have learnt key development of skills i have, weakness identification, utilization of strengths and general life skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere where I was working was very positive, support when ever and where ever I needed it, all collages and fellow placement students welcoming and great to work with
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The initial placement plan was set up well, but though time the plan differed or missed various parts out due to change with in the business
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The personal development that I revived was good, there were many times that I could development areas that I needed to work on, as well as personal development where the business demanding certain skills. the only thing missing were timely review stages though out my time to reflect on personal development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The appeal for future employment is very high, as Cummins provide a wide range of opportunities within the business too allow progression at all levels, with a high investment in there students with a large amount coming back after they have finished
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social aspect of working ere was great, with multiple occasions for social events with people within the same business area I was working, the only down side was the opportunity to social with other placement students from across the business
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I found living and socializing in the area that I work very cheap, with great places to each and drink in Huddersfield, and a short train journey to Leeds or Manchester for a bigger city experience very affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Personally the nightlife depends on the people you are with, but there are a wide range of different places to go, and for me this was awesome due to having a craft beer brewery in walking distance from work and where i was staying
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Endless, there were always opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work, if it was social, sports, holidays, they had it