Summer intern at Aon

Accountancy Actuarial Auditing/Tax Customer Service Insurance Voluntary

8.2/10

Actuarial consulting intern

I enjoyed my internship very much, I had a lot of variety in the work I did, developped many skills such as innovation, understanding client relationships, delivering quality results and building an effective team.

I felt very valued from my colleagues and really enjoy the work culture. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

I felt very supported from my manager, we had regular meetings to track my progress, and if I had any questions, or was light on work, I felt very comfortable with approaching my manager with this.

In general my workload was decent, at times hectic, and some times find myself looking for work, but would just send out an email to my colleagues and would get prompt replies asking for help on a piece of work.

I was able to sit in on client meetings and calls, I was given more responsibility as the internship progressed.

I have learnt and developped so many hard and soft skills that wil help me for the rest of my professional career

The atmosphere is very lively, and everyone is very friendly and chatty. I was able to start a conversation with anyone sitting around me.

An initial meeting was set up with my manager to set my goals for the internship
The internship was very well organised. I had the opportunity to get involved in a Corporate Social Responsibility Project, and work in a team, finding creative ideas to tackle challenges.
Regular updates were set up with my manager to track my progress and discuss the next steps.

2 Q&A Sessions were set up so that we could hear about the different opportunities and experiences high level colleagues have had.
multiple training session in the local office to get ourselves familiriased with softwares and different calculations.
weekly lunch and learn sessions learning about the insurance industry and more (diversity etc)
3 day training and introduction at the start of the internship in Chelmsford training centre, was a great way to get to know all the interns from different offices.

The graduate program is very appealing, and seems to be structured and offer a lot of different opportunities for the future, and a steep learning curve,

There was alwasys smth going on pretty much every other day whether its just going to the pub, summer party, rounders at hyde park, JP morgan run, pub crawl.
There were also many networking events where we were given the opporuntity to meet many different people.

Being in london, its by default quite pricy, but nothing extreme.

A lot going on and very busy

Many events were held for interns and the rest of the colleagues, this internship allowed me to expand my network.