1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent 9 week internship, long enough to grasp what is going on within the team and fits into summer nicely.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt pretty valued, I always had work do to and I didn't feel as though any question was stupid, becasue I asked a lot of them...
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Given great support, my line manager or someone in the team was always available to answer questions should I need them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I pretty much always had something to do, and found it easy to ask for work if there wasn't a lot on. We had an ongoing CSR project which we could get stuck into should there be a quieter day, which by the seasonal nature of the industry wasn't super uncommon.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I didn't have any work to do that I would describe as 'business critical', so in that sense, not a lot. However, I wouldn't have expected to take on too much responsibility given my lack of knowledge about the clients, structures, etc...
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
In terms of the actual industry related material I learnt, not a lot. What will be useful is the time management and interpersonal skills I developed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Excellent, the team was very sociable and everyone was very easy to talk to. The overall atmosphere was always very positive and that definitely makes the work side of things a lot easier!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
This was okay, a lot of it came down to yoru team/line manager and what they wanted you to do, and this varied a lot from team to team. We had an ongoing CSR itnern project which ran throughout the 9 weeks and was a lot more structured.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, the company and your team invest a lot of time and money to even get you to day 1, and that carries on. There was excellent training for the first three days of the internship which stood me in good stead for the rest of the internship!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, this is a company that I would like to work for in the future. Aon looks after its employees very well and invests very heavily in each individual.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, weekly evening events were held between the interns, and it was pretty much up to the inidiviudal whether to attend or not!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive, but this is the City, so just as expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The flip side to the cost of working in the City is thr nightlife, very good!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I think again, this would differ from team to team. I was lucky enough to go to a client event at the cricket, so for me, yes!