1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Aon, the breadth of work and responsibility was fantastic. The opportunity to work with the specialist Longevity team was a particular highlight of my time there.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team made me feel like a graduate while I was there and felt that I was contributing something important. The social side was great, as well, with me being immediately involved with a variety of extra-curricular activities
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was given bi-weekly meetings by my manager to discuss feedback and how the internship was going. Could have potentially received more feedback from other team members on the quality of my work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Was kept very busy in my time at Aon, there was never any pressure to work late to complete work. However, I did find myself starting early and finishing late to get work complete. But I think this is a testimony to the level of responsibility I was given
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was given a lot of responsibility from the start
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
A fantastic experience where I got to see how my degree is applied in the real world which allows me to think more closely about my future career
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good atmosphere, I felt like I really got to know the people in my team. But when work needed to be done, the atmosphere was just right.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
On the whole, the internship was very well organised. The only issues I had was with the first few days. The IT systems could have set-up and explained better to myself in my first few days
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very good in this area. All the colleagues I worked for, took the time to explain work in the larger context rather than just what the specific task was. This was great at seeing how the business works
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, I am still waiting to hear of a job offer or not. But would certainly be very happy to work for Aon and in the Actuarial sector in the future
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good, the 6 interns in my office got on very well and we have all remained friends after the internship
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very good, a large number of pubs and restaurants in the local area and located very close to the Bullring.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
It felt like there were activities almost everyday, from football to yoga to rock climbing to badminton and man more