* Working with Mechanical Validation Engineers on Investigation / Development and Validation of mechanical components or systems.
* Work includes problem definition, failure analysis, data analysis, procurement, bench and engine testing.
* Experience will be gained in Engine system problem solving, performance, design, component investigation, Design of Experiments, test cell operation, data gathering/ processing, recognising / reporting discrepancies in results, Engine test development and project management.
* Placement focussed on the Development and Validation of Tier 4 emissions level Diesel engines.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?