Test Tech facilities engineer at Cummins

Daventry East Midlands
Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.3/10

design and install test cell upgrades.

The placement was great. I was working the test tech department with in Cummins. This was a really hands on environment but I was also given some really good design project which I got to implement into the test cells. I got a lot of contact with Cummins employs and outside contractors.

From day one I felt like a part of the team. I was given real responsibility's and real projects.

Any questions I had were answered straight away. I was also given helpful advice. I was never criticized. everyone was still away this was my first major role and didn't have the experience of other engineers, they still treated me with the same respect as other employees.

The work came in waves. some days I would be really busy sorting things. other days I would have very little to do. I enjoyed the constant change in pace.

Lot! I was given my own projects. I was in charge of sorting my own budgets, my own contractors and my own designs. I was able to do things the way I wanted them done.

I was given plenty of train from gas cylinder training to CAD training. All the training I received was very useful. I also like that is wasn't just for Cummins. the training I received could be taken else were. Other things like project management skills and people skill were greatly improved. this was due to my involvement with outside contractors.

great atmosphere, Had a wide mix of interests so there was always something to chat about. lots of office based jokes.

The placements set up was very good, was well informed with plenty of people to ask.

invested loads. from training to do my job better such as project management and

If I was offered a job with this company I would return.

yes, we would have social meeting several times a month. some great friend ships have been made.

living in the midlands of England

the night live isn't the best, not my sort of crowd. but if we travel around a bit its never to hard to find a good night out.

pleanty, around the daventy site there is plenty of social clubs and places to meet. I lifve in Northampton. ive met loads of ppl outside work.