1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement was great. I was working the test tech department with in Cummins. This was a really hands on environment but I was also given some really good design project which I got to implement into the test cells. I got a lot of contact with Cummins employs and outside contractors.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day one I felt like a part of the team. I was given real responsibility's and real projects.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Any questions I had were answered straight away. I was also given helpful advice. I was never criticized. everyone was still away this was my first major role and didn't have the experience of other engineers, they still treated me with the same respect as other employees.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work came in waves. some days I would be really busy sorting things. other days I would have very little to do. I enjoyed the constant change in pace.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lot! I was given my own projects. I was in charge of sorting my own budgets, my own contractors and my own designs. I was able to do things the way I wanted them done.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was given plenty of train from gas cylinder training to CAD training. All the training I received was very useful. I also like that is wasn't just for Cummins. the training I received could be taken else were. Other things like project management skills and people skill were greatly improved. this was due to my involvement with outside contractors.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
great atmosphere, Had a wide mix of interests so there was always something to chat about. lots of office based jokes.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placements set up was very good, was well informed with plenty of people to ask.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
invested loads. from training to do my job better such as project management and
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If I was offered a job with this company I would return.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, we would have social meeting several times a month. some great friend ships have been made.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
living in the midlands of England
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the night live isn't the best, not my sort of crowd. but if we travel around a bit its never to hard to find a good night out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
pleanty, around the daventy site there is plenty of social clubs and places to meet. I lifve in Northampton. ive met loads of ppl outside work.