This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

4.5/5
  • The Role
  • The Company
    4.8
  • The Culture
    3.5

Kick start your career with a Glassdoor Top 25 Best Company to work for in the UK. Be part of a placement scheme where you will be given the opportunity to show us who you are, your unique point of view and personality. We’re looking for top-class undergraduate students who are enthusiastic, inquisitive and strong team players to join our business in Summer 2016 for 12 months. Our business doesn’t stand still and neither does our HR service. Our Assistant will focus on supporting our Graduate recruitment programme as well as providing assistance to other HR activities. A highly visible role, both with existing and potential employees at all levels: just perfect for that perfectly organised person who loves variety and being at the heart of where the action is! What your day-to-day with us would be: • Be the first point of contact for all general HR enquiries, administration and correspondence. • Support the Kantar Worldpanel HR team for all general HR work such as Performance Improvement Plans; the new starter process and any other work the team is currently working on! • Contribution to key HR projects such as employee on-boarding and candidate attraction. • Large involvement with graduate and placement recruitment. You will have the chance to plan our largest graduate day (as well as many others) from start to finish. Our biggest graduate day in 2016 was 100+ candidates at the Emirates Stadium! • Getting to know your team and colleagues across our business to help deliver fantastic work. A couple of the skills and behaviours you’ll impress us with (there will be lots more too): • A real passion to work in HR and Recruitment with the strong desire to learn new skills in a supportive team • An appetite for challenge, not scared to try new things • Creative personality who enjoys implementing new and exciting projects • Enjoys working in a fast paced, changing environment where autonomy is encouraged • A confident individual who is good at building effective relationships at all levels • Intermediate MS Office skills and Excel skills • Excellent attention to detail and accuracy The approaches you prefer to take: • Friendly. Flexible. Stepping up to take accountability, get involved, make suggestions and see things through to conclusion • Motivated by planning and handling multiple tasks (plodding along would bore you) • Collaborative, with a drive and commitment to improvement • Business and commercial focus • As enthusiastic about the basics as adding value Ideal candidates will possess at least 300 UCAS points and GCSE, or equivalent, Maths & English at a minimum grade B. Why Kantar Worldpanel: We offer to all our placement students: - Basic salary of £16,000 + £1000 relocation bonus + amazing benefits - An induction programme where you will have the chance to learn more about our culture and business. - A structured training programme in a dynamic, innovative and energetic environment which could pave the way for you to have a head start to a potential career at Kantar Worldpanel - Opportunity to present your thinking, experiences and potential. Kantar Worldpanel is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • I am currently working as the HR and Resourcing Asssistant (only 3 months left) and I have loved my time here at Kantar Worldpanel! I have been given loads of responsibility and I get the chance to work with people all over the business. The main highlight was planning the graduate recruitment day at the Emirates Stadium with around 100 candiates!

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • I feel very valued by my immediate team and the central services. They trust that I can complete my role and dont treat me as if im a placement at all which I really like!

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • When I started my placement year I was given loads of help and support to get me on my feet in the role. The trainning was not just abased on my role but also around going from univerisity to full time employment. I was proivded with trainning in a hand over week which has continued throughout the year.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • I am busy everyday and am always being given tasks and project to work on. This is especially true around the graduate recrutiment period! All the members of the HR team provide me with work but I never feel over worked as I have the support and back up if it becomes to much.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I am given a large amount of reponsibility from the HR team and am expected and trusted to do the work! Eventhough I am given alot of responsbility I am also provided with trainning (if necessary) and am able to ask questions at any time.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • Throughout my time here I have kept a reflection and review which links back to my university courses. From this I have seen how relevant my time at Kantar has been and how it will help me with my future studies. It has also given me invaluable experience which will benefit me once I have finished university and am looking for a graduate role.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • We have an aglie working environment in the office which means anyone can sit anywhere! This really does bring the whole business together and allows you to work closely with other teams. The offices have been newly refurbished and look amazing! There are events that take place throughout the year and use the offcie layout to hold them.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • The orgainisation of my placement was really good. I had a new starter call and was given all the details I needed prior to me starting - I didnt feel as if I was going in blind on my first day. I was provided with my laptop and working equipment from day one and was all set up to start working.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • I have always had regular catch ups with my manager and during these I am given the opporunity to highlight areas where I want to develop. This is taken on board and is encoporated in my work, my manager even went out of her way to set up some extra trainning with other HR teams across the business.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Subsidised/Company Gym

Company Parties/Events

Above 25 days holiday

Working from home

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I would really love to go back and work for Kantar after finishing my degree.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • I was the only placement but I was welcomed into the Graduate social circle. There is a good social scene in the company anyway but we also did socials as a HR team also.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • I lived at home but as it is in London I imagen that this would be quite high!

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • There is no nightlife in the Hanger Lane area however, only being 20 minutes away from Oxford Cirus this really isn't a problem!

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • It really does depend on how much you want to do outside of work but there is something for everyone!

Human Resources