Account Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Accountancy Marketing Media

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

8.4/10

8.6

To develop a business application used to manage product, client, accounting and deal information for digital media.

Working at Disney has been amazing, fantastic colleagues, work to do that has real business value, great offices, decent pay and over 150 other interns for a good social scene.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

My colleagues treated me very well, helped me with work when asked to, offered to help when needed, gave me valuable work to do that wasn't just "intern work" and treated me as a peer instead of the lowly "intern", also really great to socialise with, plenty of team lunches and after work drinks.

Bi-weekly one-to-one sessions with my manager meant I always had a chance to speak to him about any issues and get an update on the work that we were doing including any university projects I had to do. Another team member also helped to mentor me personally and helped with things like my dissertation project in his own time.

I always had a decent amount of work to do, never an "un-doable" amount but enough to keep me busy till the end of the day/ week.

I was given the same work any other member of the team could have been doing, this was a huge responsibility that gave me the opportunity to rise to the challenge and work on projects that were important to the business.

I learned many industry relevant skills that will also be useful when I go back to university, as well as valuable business skills that can be transferred to any work place. Being on placement has helped my to develop skills that are vital to my industry which should help with my dissertation work as well as improve the level that I am working at overall.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

A fairly laid back office which provides a relaxed working environment, as long as the work is done.

The internship programme has been well established at Disney and so the procedure is handled by Human Resources fairly well.

With regular training sessions and team retrospectives we were always learning something new. There was a strong focus on doing things right rather than just getting it done as soon as possible.

Job prospects are fairly common for previous interns, many current employees began their careers as interns.

Over 150 interns, with a social committee meant that there were always events going on, even if there weren't you were free to organise your own. After work drinks were also commonplace as were team lunches.

Being in London nothing was too cheap but the pay balanced this adequately.

Plenty of bars in the area and a short bus/tube trip into central London meant the night life was pretty good.

There were always events going on somewhere, advertised through different means.