Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at The Walt Disney Company
- 7. Would you recommend The Walt Disney Company to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to The Walt Disney Company
The daily tasks involved drafting various legal documents such as Artwork Release Letters and Non Disclosure Agreements, and assisting the team in drafting larger letters such as License Agreements and Contractual Amendments. Additionally, working on various weekly contract metrics report and ad-hoc report requests, through using online data systems. Numerous ongoing projects such as audit, closing contracts, system testing, etc., and any ad hoc requests from the CMC or Legal teams.
I learnt may new skills including key communication skills both online, through numerous emails and calls with stakeholders and licensee contacts, and in person, through working and liaising on tasks with my team, and learning to adapt communication styles to work best with different personalities. I also developed my legal and business understanding, through delving into various legal documents and business reports, allowing me to expand my commercial awareness.
I was given full responsibility over many tasks throughout the placements, particularly with intern specific tasks like ARL/NDAs, audit and closing contract projects, and the set weekly reports.
Support & Guidance
I had bi-weekly check ins with my line manager, where I was able to discuss any work or non-work related issues that may need raising. Also allowing me to reflect on my progress, and receive feedback on any tasks or projects I have worked on.
Particularly, within the Contract Management Team, there is a great sense of community and a positive atmosphere, with weekly team meetings and various team days and events to participate in throughout the year.
I enjoyed my placement so much! It is an amazing company to work for, giving you great insights into the industry, not just through the work but through so many other amazing CSR initiatives, charity events, and various screenings and premiers. It has a great working culture and is a motivating and fun office environment.
Be yourself! Show passion for the company and industry, and more specifically the job role/department you are applying for. Use past experience to show how you have developed relevant skills, and show eagerness and willingness to learn.
Placement (10 Months+)