Administrator, HR & Training at Toyota GB

Burgh Heath, Surrey South East
Administration/Secretarial Human Resources Recruitment

8.1/10

6.5

Training co-ordination accross the entire Company, student recruitment, management reporting associated with the Annual Review process, providing support to HR Consultants, additional projects that come up

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. I was given many responsibilities from day one and I was encouraged to put forward new ideas and propose areas for my own development. The team were immediately welcoming and helpful whilst I was adapting to my new role.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

My work would often have an impact on the team and this in turn gave me a feeling of value and appreciation. For example, I was solely responsible for the recruitment of the new placement student intake and I would produce weekly reports that were sent to directors and senior managers within the Company.

I would have weekly 1:1 meetings with my manager and she was always interested my development and giving support on both a work and personal basis.

The amount of work varied throughout the year and this was quite intense during some areas of the student recruitment process. However, I feel that I was mostly busy to the right balance. I never felt like I had nothing to do.

I was able to take on many of my own projects during my year, as well as having responsibilities in a "real" role rather than being seen as "just a student". Most of my day to day responsibilities were mine alone, such as training co-ordination, management reporting and student recruitment.

I have been able to develop may skills that I will take with me in future roles, such as project management, organisation skills, communication and presentation skills.

Students were also provided with a structured training programme, including corporate inductions, IT A3 layout skills, Toyota-specific problem solving technique, presentation skills and days in other departments.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

Our department tended to be quiet, but I dis not see this as a negative thing. In general, the offices had an open environment. I did not feel uncomfortable in communicating with employees at all levels and felt that most people were very approachable.

As the roles were specific and "real", the structure came from an effective handover with the previous student and from the structured training programme that was offered.

As previously mentioned, Toyota (GB) PLC offered a structured training programme for students with the option of requesting additional training as necessary, such as Excel training.

The graduate scheme is only in it's second year of running, so I'll have to wait and see!

Many of the students that lived nearby to work went on nights out and such. There was also a chance to socialise outside of work with the Sports & Social club.

I lived at home so cannot say.

I did not go out much for the nightlife in the areas as I was living at home and this made it a bit difficult.

The sports & social offered some good events throughout the year.