Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
My role has varied over the course of the internship. My primary responsibilities have been: • Delivering workshops and demos, providing the technical ‘how-to’ for Oracle products as well as showcasing Oracle capabilities such as Oracle Analytics Cloud, APEX, Oracle Digital Assistant, VBCS, Autonomous Database, and various other IaaS & SaaS Services. • Creating and presenting data-driven insights to Oracles internal Sales as well as customers • Assessing the potential application of company products to meet customer needs. This involved creating prototypes and Proofs-Of-Concept, research, and liaising with domain specialists. • Developing internal tools to be used by architects, sales reps, and senior management • I led a real-world database project for a customer from requirements gathering all the way to the full implementation. • I attended several large technology events to advocate the use of Oracle Cloud There was a lot of other interesting things I was involved with.
I have developed my business and commercial awareness a great amount through being at Oracle. I have also grown my 'soft skills' a lot through presenting both internally and externally. I have also developed my technical skills. These include: - database - cloud knowledge - VBCS (an Oracle app dev tool) - APEX (an Oracle web app/ database tool) - OAC (an Oracle tool for data analytics) - Excell - a bit of Python - General industry knowledge
For the first couple of months, I was not given too much responsibility. But this was as I was learning the appropriate tools and I needed the time to shadow and learn. However, I was soon given very real responsibility to deliver work and build things. During the second half of my placement, I have had a large amount of responsibility as I am the first point of contact for a customer I am working with, to develop a database solution.
Support & Guidance
- My manager was great. Despite working from home for the first part of the internship I had weekly calls with my manager to talk about anything I needed help with, and for general support. He was incredibly helpful, and a really nice guy. - My team were very supportive and always eager to get my involved with their work. I really appreciate them and made my time at Oracle great. - The other interns were always supportive and more than happy to help on any project. - The intern program leader was very supportive and it was made clear if we had sort of issues, she would be there for us. - Across my internship, I had two mentors who were interesting and very helpful. - I worked with various other people across the organization, and everyone I encountered wassupportive.
It was more relaxed and friendly than I had anticipated which was great.
i enjoyed it a great deal, and am extremely happy I did this internship. I couldn't recommend doing an internship more.
Learn about cloud computing and the company
Placement Year (10 Months+)