Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
Customer engagements, training, ideation workshops, daily scrums, various technical tasks including application prototyping and developing, creating data visualisations, liasing with internal and external stakeholders, attending company events etc.
Organisational and planning skills, time management, agile methodology, sense of responsibility, application designing and prototyping, teamwork, customer experience insight, knowledge about cloud services and SaaS, and many more.
It is what you make of it. As an intern, I drove my experience and there were times when my personal life allowed me to take on more/less responsibility at work.
Support & Guidance
I have received quite a lot of support - there was always someone I could go to for anything. I had weekly 1:1s with my manager, a mentor I could speak to every few weeks, pen-pals etc. The team has always been very supportive and encouraging and there's nothing I wanted to do and wasn't allowed to.
The company culture was really good - there were many initiatives to get involved in regarding volunteering and enterprise resource groups. There is a drive for diversity of ideas and experiences and the work atmosphere is great.
I really enjoyed my placement - I got to meet some great people, learn about the industry, see what it's like to work in a large tech company and be mentored by amazing people. My manager and mentor were extremely supportive of everything I wanted to do and they provided really good advice and insight. There was a lot of flexibility in terms of the projects and tasks I could get involved in and I could tailor my experience to my preferences.
I'd suggest making the most of it. Really put yourself out there and meet as many people as you can. Get involved in anything that comes your way and explore as many fields as you can.
Placement Year (10 Months+)