Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
Supporting wider teams and major internal stakeholders in the communication of campaigns and initiatives. Includes content creation of email templates, social media posts, and video. Opportunity to interview and meet with a diverse range of employees around the company.
This role sometimes requires quick reacting to ensuring communications are delivered on time, through this I have learnt how to prioritise and manage my time effectively, while also learning the importance of being able to come up with solutions creatively and quickly. I have also had the opportunity to develop skills in use of Adobe Creative Cloud, and build my confidence in my own skills and abilities I bring to the table.
I was given responsibility from day one. Though this was initially daunting, I was also given all the contacts I would need for support in any area of my work. This allowed me to showcase my abilities, while also getting to know the wider team around me and their skill sets. I have had the opportunity to work on projects offering exposure to the wider business, along with putting forward my own ideas.
Support & Guidance
I never had to worry about not having support throughout my placement. My manager was excellent at boosting my confidence in my work and offering advice and guidance when I needed it, and the wider team always had time for me to ask any questions or bring work to them for feedback.
Having a larger intern cohort was great for being able to relate to others and have a supportive community where we had numerous online events and training sessions. There was the opportunity to get involved in a range of volunteering and fundraising activities, and a range of employee resource groups where you can explore a passion of yours and how that fits in at Oracle.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on my placement at Oracle. I have been given the opportunity to really understand the business, along with feeling like my opinions and values have been heard. I cannot fault the team I have been part of, they have given me responsibility and support throughout, along with recognising my efforts. The mentor scheme also deserves a mention as this has allowed me to network further and meet different teams.
Be confident in your abilities when you apply, and come ready to learn. Everyone I have met over the past year has taught me something. Don't be afraid to talk about your passions and ask questions about the role you are applying to!
Placement Year (10 Months+)