1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The year I spent with SAP was the most valuable and insightful year of my life. The extent of the exposure, knowledge and experience you gain within SAP is second to none. Especially being involved in Industry Value Advisory, I was exposed to multiple industries and markets.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Unbelievably valued. Working within SAP, there is a strong belief in value and the value people bring, no matter how old or level of experience. All work delivered is valued by almost all employees.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The extent to which I was given guidance and coaching by my management was incredible. Not only my direct management but also other management offer advice and guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload balance was perfect. Yes there are days where it’s quiet but then there are days where you’re there late at the office. That’s part of the job and working life. It all depends how much you can take on and how you prioritise tasks etc.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility I was given was amazing. I was given the responsibility of creating deliverables and presenting work to CEO’s and CFO’s of multiple large scale firms.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed were invaluable and will for sure be developed and demonstrated in my degree and future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was amazing, especially around quarter end.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was relatively organised but there were a few exceptions for certain individuals who had a slow start. But overall the year on a whole was organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested an incredible amount in me. With that being the workload, feedback and experience
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The prospects are incredibly appealing. However, there are limited routes other than sales so it may not suit all.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
With such a big intern group, there are obviously going to be socials every week which was amazing and great for bonding.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Centre of London isn’t cheap but with the office being outside London it was a lot cheaper for travel etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There wasn’t one near the office. But being so close to the centre of London I think that answers itself.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?