SAP INTERN at SAP

SAP is a Top Employer

6.5/10

6.4

3.8

I was given great responsibility in my role for the work that I did for SAP. Every task that i was set by my team was beneficial for me in the long run for my career.
There are times where you are struggling to manage work load especially during quarter ends - but my team assisted with this.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at SAP

My team was a great support network for me, I received consistent feedback and praise from my team and it was a great feeling to know that i was valued.

However, in the greater intern community the culture is not mirrored. Opportunities are not equally spread among the interns and there seems to be the same selection of people getting pulled from a 'random hat' to be able to take on further responsibility or given opportunity to network with different teams and/or go abroad. Understandably, some roles have greater exposure however the culture of that, 50 interns are brought into a room and only 6 awards are awarded to interns for being 'great' is demoralizing, demotivating and a culture that is not uncommon in SAP. Each employee at SAP intern or not, bring great qualities to work and sometimes it is not just or reasonable to compare two very different interns to one another. Its a game of who shouts the loudest to get the recognition that they deserve.

My team are the biggest cheerleaders in my success. I genuinely believe that I have made friends for life who care about how my career progresses. I will given opportunities for internal and external training that was promoted within the team on a weekly basis.

Any concerns or question i had for work and also personal development was answered and dealt with effectively.

Some days i would be in the office for over 12 hours - however, this was the expectations that had been set for me when applying for this role.

Days went extremely quick which is not always a bad thing when you are spending so much time in the office.

As stated previously, I have been given great responsibility in my role that is going to be extremely helpful when i progress further in my career.

There is no concept of being micro managed and you are given the trust and freedom to be able to manage your own diary and work load for when it suits you (of course, within reason).

During this time on this placement, i have had the time to narrow down career prospects and have a great sense of direction in my career.

The personal and academic skills that i have gained are invaluable and it cannot be learnt unless you have real experience. However, looking forward to going back to uni for a work load break.