Business Intelligence Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Central London and City
Business Intelligence

7.6/10

5.5

The Business Intelligence (BI) Team in The Walt Disney Company look after International stakeholders and their evolving analytical, insight and reporting needs.

The Business Intelligence Intern will be working with descriptive analytics as part of Data and Marketing Technology and with prescriptive analytics in Data Science.

I was in a very supportive team working across multiple projects which gave me lots of experience. I greatly enjoyed working with my team as I was never given just 'intern' work. Additionally having a big intern network really enhanced the experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

I felt really valued by my colleagues from the start of my placement. Disney has a really sociable and friendly working environment which really helped me build good working relationships as well as develop the confidence to ask more questions and learn more.

I had weekly catch ups with my manager where I could discuss any issues or any training or projects I would like to be involved with. My team were really friendly and helpful.

On a daily basis I was fairly busy but my work load was always manageable. My involvement in projects changed with time therefore I was always doing different tasks and therefore felt engaged with what I was doing.

I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement and it definitely increased with time. Despite having a lot of responsibility I had a lot of support from my manager and felt protected. This gave me the confidence to deal with the responsibility.

I received lots of training throughout the year. I learnt 3 coding languages: Python, R and SQL. Additionally, I had one on one training with the senior data scientist where we used econometric analysis.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

The atmosphere in the office was very friendly and sociable. Due to the nature of my role I worked across multiple projects with a variety of teams and individuals. Having a sociable office really helped build my relationships with people and meant I had more confidence participating in meetings.

The internship is really well organised and a great experience. There are many social events, some for interns and some within teams. There are also lots of opportunities for training to gain more skills to put on your CV.

I attended 3 different training courses: Datorama Admin level training, Mango Solutions training in R and First Aid training. I also learned 3 coding languages, Python, R and SQL with the support of a data scientist.

Disney do not have a grad scheme therefore you do not have the opportunity to get an offer for a future job. If there is an opening in the future for a role you would like to work for, then having already worked at Disney may help your application.

Yes, there are many intern run events such as the intern ball. There is also a facebook group/chat which is a great way of planning events.

The cost of living and socialising was high as the office is based in London and all gatherings and events are held in London.

There are a lots of bars and clubs in London so there is a great social life.

There were often people who came into the office to promote activities and or offer cheaper memberships to local etc.