1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall, it was a fantastic experience which has prepared me so much for future careers.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team always said how much they appreciated my help, as well as many other of my colleagues in the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was always there to help with anything that I needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the start I wasn't extremely busy, however as I grew in confidence, I was able to take on various projects and was awarded more responsibility.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In the second month of my internship, after showing I was keen to get involved and help my colleagues, I was given various corporate projects as well as individual and gained a lot more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I finished my degree before starting this internship, however it would be a great help in boosting your confidence, learning valuable IT skills and making you more responsible.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was always friendly and happy to help you.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well. You weren't thrown in the deep end, instead you had the opportunity to grow in confidence before taking on responsibilities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company definitely invested their time and effort in me, as there was always someone on hand to help me when I needed it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. After 2 months of my internship, I decided to take on a permanent position here as Project Executive. If you are interested in staying at the company, there is always a chance to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. The interns organised weekly social nights and we formed a real tight knit community.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive, however everybody is in the same position.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great! The bars have a good atmosphere and there are plenty to choose from.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was always an opportunity to socialise at least once a week.