Translation Project Management Intern at Language Connect

Bermondsey, London Central London and City
Administration/Secretarial Languages

8.1/10

6.5

Training on the full translation project management process. My main duties included managing a few of my own projects, and helping other Project Managers with QA checks and project admin.

I absolutely loved the internship, and it exceeded my initial expectations! I received broad training on managing language projects from start to finish, and there was always a variety of tasks to work on, so the workload never felt repetitive or boring. The internship was organised so well, and I would definitely recommend it to anybody interested in working in the Translation industry!

All colleagues were extremely helpful whenever I had any questions or concerns, and from the first day I was made to feel like a valued member of the team and company.

My mentors were always there whenever I needed any guidance or support, and they made sure I was trained on everything I needed to be. We had regular catch-up meetings to ensure that everything was going well.

The amount of projects we received daily/weekly varied quite a lot, so some days were very quiet whilst others were extremely busy. Nevertheless, whenever there was a quiet moment, I always had something else to do - such as additional training or completing other admin tasks.

Throughout the 6 months, I had the opportunity to manage some of my own projects from start to finish so that I oversaw the entire process, and could assign the linguists myself. I also worked on a daily project every morning where I was also able to speak directly with the client regarding their project. Apart from this, the other main tasks I worked on were QA checks, certifications and completing project admin.

All of the training I received was very well-organised and thorough, and has been so helpful in terms of my next career steps.

The office atmosphere was always really friendly and welcoming. There was always music playing in the background to help everyone focus throughout the day, and the office also had a small kitchen and seating area to relax in.

I felt that the internship was organised so well, and interns gain a really broad insight into what it's like to work in the industry.

Throughout the internship, I felt like a valued member of the team, rather than just as an intern, which made my placement there really worthwhile, and I always got a lot of guidance and support from everyone.

The internship has helped me a lot in terms of my future career steps, and quite a few interns continue working at the company full-time after finishing the placement.

All colleagues were really communicative, and the team I was on had weekly catch-up meetings to check up on everybody, and we took part in team bonding games & quizzes.

With the office being in London, the cost of socialising as well as transport was always quite expensive.

The office is located right in the centre of the city, so there are plenty of bars & restaurants around the area, and transport is very reliable for outings.

Most of the time everyone was very busy throughout the week and not a lot of activities were planned, so I didn't get a chance to get involved with much outside of the office. However, the interns did organise a couple of outings some evenings after work, and the team I worked with organised regular lunch outings.