1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was really interesting. I learnt a lot about translation as well as project management. I would recommend for those who wish to pursue a career involving languages and linguistics.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were always helpful and appreciative of any work I did for them. All members of the company took the time to explain things to me if I was unsure and I felt that the work I did helped the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always fully briefed and had everything explained to me. If there was ever any confusion, I just had to ask.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most days were busy given the volume of projects coming into the team but this meant that every day was different and there was no room for boredom!
Of course, there were also quieter times but on the whole, most of the time there was work to be completed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I managed several of my own projects during my internship.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and training I received have equipped me for a future career in translation and project management.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In general, the atmosphere in the office was calm.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well organised, everything was in place and set up for my arrival.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received one-on-one training with my mentor on a number of occasions
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?