Project Manager Intern at Language Connect

Placement (5-9 Months)
SE16 7JW Central London and City
Languages Market Research Marketing Other Modern European language Other Non European Language

7.7/10

Assisting other PMs in the daily tasks such as QA checks and admin work. Managing own small translations projects and assisting with proofreading and translation tasks in my mother tongue.

I feel like I could have not asked for a better place to start working in this field as I was always supported and guided in an efficient manner.

One of the thing that I appreciated the most about my colleagues is that I have never felt as I was there for a short period of time but they always made me feel welcomed, valued and never treated differently.

Everything time I need support or I had any kind of questions my mentor/supervisor was always there to guide me and give me the information I needed.

The workload I had was different every single day but, in general, there was always something to do and to learn from. The workload was also in line with what I had learnt to do.

At the middle of my internship, I've started having more responsibilities and this made me learn a lot about different aspects such as coordinating linguists and facing clients expectations.

The skills I have developed here will be useful to every next step I will decide to take as they are not only part of project managing but also many other jobs/roles I might get in the future.

The atmosphere was really warming. It was nice coming into work in the morning as everyone was always nice and friendly.

The organisation of the internship was good, overall. There are some administrative aspects that would have to be clarified a bit more before starting the experience.

Every time I had to deal with a new tasks I was always provided a very detailed training in order for me to understand how it all worked. As mentioned, I was always treated as a colleague rather than an intern.

The company gives plenty of opportunities of you to grown there and keep working for them after the internship is finished.

Social scene was good and everyone was friendly and willing for a chat to confront ideas and opinions.

The only cons of being in London is the cost of life here that makes it difficult to be able to do many things as it is quite expensive.

The area has plenty of restaurants/pubs to go to in the night to have fun and enjoy yourself.

There were many opportunities to do activities outside work - both not related to work and others organised by the company.