Assisting other PMs in the daily tasks such as QA checks and admin work. Managing own small translations projects and assisting with proofreading and translation tasks in my mother tongue.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I feel like I could have not asked for a better place to start working in this field as I was always supported and guided in an efficient manner.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One of the thing that I appreciated the most about my colleagues is that I have never felt as I was there for a short period of time but they always made me feel welcomed, valued and never treated differently.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everything time I need support or I had any kind of questions my mentor/supervisor was always there to guide me and give me the information I needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload I had was different every single day but, in general, there was always something to do and to learn from. The workload was also in line with what I had learnt to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the middle of my internship, I've started having more responsibilities and this made me learn a lot about different aspects such as coordinating linguists and facing clients expectations.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed here will be useful to every next step I will decide to take as they are not only part of project managing but also many other jobs/roles I might get in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was really warming. It was nice coming into work in the morning as everyone was always nice and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation of the internship was good, overall. There are some administrative aspects that would have to be clarified a bit more before starting the experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Every time I had to deal with a new tasks I was always provided a very detailed training in order for me to understand how it all worked. As mentioned, I was always treated as a colleague rather than an intern.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company gives plenty of opportunities of you to grown there and keep working for them after the internship is finished.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Social scene was good and everyone was friendly and willing for a chat to confront ideas and opinions.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The only cons of being in London is the cost of life here that makes it difficult to be able to do many things as it is quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area has plenty of restaurants/pubs to go to in the night to have fun and enjoy yourself.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many opportunities to do activities outside work - both not related to work and others organised by the company.