DBS S/4HANA Cloud Associate at SAP

Feltham Greater London
Administration/Secretarial Advertising Architecture Art Arts/Entertainment/Media Business Analytics Charity/Non Profit Computer Science E-Business Education/Teaching Environmental Film/Photography Graphic Design Human Resources Information Technology Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Marketing Media Recruitment

9.2/10

The Cloud Associate plays a critical role in supporting the success of the team. He or she will develop trusting relationships with stakeholders from across the business and will build skills to deliver and improve on existing business processes. With a focus on customer success, the Cloud Associate will support a global and diverse team by providing critical information and insight, taking ownership of operations tasks and actively contributing to strategic topics. The role provides opportunities within a multitude of functional areas from creative video production, marketing and communications, to more technical project management, reporting and cloud architecture. The selected candidate will be able to tailor the role to suit their own strengths and interests, in line with the requirements and strategy of the business, and are actively encouraged to question existing processes and generate new ideas.

My internship was very structured around what I enjoyed. Both my team and manager were very understanding in this way and threw every opportunity that they thought were best fitted to me, at me. This enabled me to showcase what I was good at, provide value to the business and enjoy myself throughout

As soon as you step into the door at SAP, you are a valued member of the team. You are not treated like a student or indeed a teenager. Once you're in a team, you are all collectively working together towards the same vision, goals and values. While it was slow towards the beginning, finding my feet, what I truly enjoyed and where I could apply my value, I gradually developed into a better team member. With regular 1-to-1 meetings, I was able to demonstrate what value I have and could bring and this was received with gratitude and appreciation.

This has been the best support and guidance I could have asked for. Going into a brand new role, I was in the dark for the beginning of my placement. The one thing I kept being told was to listen for gaps. Once I found these gaps, I began developing ideas about how I could help resolve them. From here, I presented back to my team the gaps that I have heard and am interested in and applied them to what I enjoyed. My team were completely supportive with my ideas, allowing me to show them to the global team and other departments within the business.

During the start of my placement, I was repeatedly told how the work will gradually pick up. I kept asking to be involved in topics and to help where I could. This grew into what would later be my key responsibilities. After around 3-4 months, I was settled and taking on individual tasks, organising and getting on with my work.

The first 3 months were about understanding operations of the business. Once I had understood this and found key areas that I enjoyed, responsibility became my own. Working in a global team, a lot of individual work is brought together, which meant that responsibility was a key part of my day to day activities. You are not treated an less senior than other members of the team.

My course itself is Business Information Technology. I take on both business and computing modules together. Entering SAP, a software development company for businesses, I knew I was in the right place. Whether you're business or a computing student, SAP is an excellent place to work. You make the year what it is. What you enjoy, you will be given chance to learn. What you learn a wide variety of business skills and knowledge from simply being in the work environment.

There were 45 interns at SAP. There were always events going on between us, allowing us time to socialise and spend time with each other. Being close to central London as well, it made it even better