7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very friendly and did everything to assure I fitted in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I attended several training days, including three days of induction training to the company and sea survival training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am excited to come back and do more placements throughout my degree, I'd particularly like to go back to the project I was on this year so I can see how a project progresses. Further ahead I hope to gain a place on Laing O'Rourke's graduate programme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone was very friendly and fun to be around, I'm looking forward to working with them again in the future.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I worked in London so quite expensive, however I took the train up every day which is also expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nine elms area is currently under development and so there isn't much by the way of nightlife in the immediate surrounding area. However, this wasn't too much of an issue for me as I had to get a train out of the city every evening.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The early talent team did a few social events for the students.
Imagine yourself working at Laing O'Rourke
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Laing O'Rourke