On site, maintaining job specifications and Health & safety. Developing team, communication, Surveying, logistics and organisation skills
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great time, enjoying my summer working on a top quality job in London, with great pay
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues let me get on with my job and I felt they gave me enough recognition when it was deserved. It was the type of job where it can be hard to get recognition because it is difficult for your colleagues to keep track of everything that you have done.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My colleagues, although busy with their own jobs always had time for me if i had a question or needed help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy from start to finish. there is always a job on a construction site. Its only as busy as you make it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Considering my lack of experience I felt I was competent to deal with the responsibility given. At times I felt as though i could have had more, but on reflection the type of jobs i did had a high level of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
very relatable to modules learnt from my degree and has helped me shape my knowledge of the industry when it relates to information.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very busy, sometimes tense
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
all shaped around the development of us interns
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I've been offered a graduate job with them
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
limited as i was the only one on site. all other placement students were on different sites.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
there was subsidised living and travel expenses. It was London however.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
activities such as Dragon boat racing, football tournaments, events and parties