Student Engineer at Laing O'Rourke

Canary Wharf Central London and City
Civil Engineering Construction/Trades

Laing O'Rourke is a Top Employer

8.6/10

On site, maintaining job specifications and Health & safety. Developing team, communication, Surveying, logistics and organisation skills

Great time, enjoying my summer working on a top quality job in London, with great pay

My colleagues let me get on with my job and I felt they gave me enough recognition when it was deserved. It was the type of job where it can be hard to get recognition because it is difficult for your colleagues to keep track of everything that you have done.

My colleagues, although busy with their own jobs always had time for me if i had a question or needed help.

Very busy from start to finish. there is always a job on a construction site. Its only as busy as you make it.

Considering my lack of experience I felt I was competent to deal with the responsibility given. At times I felt as though i could have had more, but on reflection the type of jobs i did had a high level of responsibility.

very relatable to modules learnt from my degree and has helped me shape my knowledge of the industry when it relates to information.

very busy, sometimes tense

all shaped around the development of us interns

I've been offered a graduate job with them

limited as i was the only one on site. all other placement students were on different sites.

there was subsidised living and travel expenses. It was London however.

Very good

activities such as Dragon boat racing, football tournaments, events and parties