1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great opportunity to develop all the skills and knowledge I have learnt at university. It was enjoyable
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was never treated like a summer intern, from the beginning I was shown great levels of respect and I was treated as a full time member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everybody in the office was willing to give me time. If I was ever stuck or confused the appropriate colleague would always give me a helping hand. Of course there were times in which colleagues were busy with work, however this was expected.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly, there were hardly any times in which I was just sitting at my desk without any jobs to complete.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Good levels, I was trusted to communicate with both the consultants and sub contractors from an early stage.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
So far in third year, I have found myself in many situations where the knowledge I developed from my placement has helped me in my university work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?