2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was never treated like a summer intern, from the beginning I was shown great levels of respect and I was treated as a full time member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everybody in the office was willing to give me time. If I was ever stuck or confused the appropriate colleague would always give me a helping hand. Of course there were times in which colleagues were busy with work, however this was expected.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly, there were hardly any times in which I was just sitting at my desk without any jobs to complete.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Good levels, I was trusted to communicate with both the consultants and sub contractors from an early stage.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
So far in third year, I have found myself in many situations where the knowledge I developed from my placement has helped me in my university work.
Imagine yourself working at Laing O'Rourke
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Laing O'Rourke