- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a great opportunity to develop all the skills and knowledge I have learnt at university. It was enjoyable
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was never treated like a summer intern, from the beginning I was shown great levels of respect and I was treated as a full time member of the team.
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everybody in the office was willing to give me time. If I was ever stuck or confused the appropriate colleague would always give me a helping hand. Of course there were times in which colleagues were busy with work, however this was expected.
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly, there were hardly any times in which I was just sitting at my desk without any jobs to complete.
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Good levels, I was trusted to communicate with both the consultants and sub contractors from an early stage.
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
So far in third year, I have found myself in many situations where the knowledge I developed from my placement has helped me in my university work.
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?