Software engineer intern at Ghyston

Bristol South West
Computer and Systems Engineering

8.6/10

Programming

The work was interesting, the people in the company are really friendly.

We had 2 weeks at the start of the internship to learn various programming languages etc. Then we were constantly guided throughout the internship via code reviews, and daily stand ups.

Yes, there was plenty of work to do.

I think it varies as to which project there are lying about which are suitable for interns. Ours was an in-house program, so ultimately responsibility on the project falls above us - if a mistake is made, it should be caught in coder review.

Maths degree, so a programming internship will not be relevant at all towards my studies, however if I go into a programming job, the experience will be really useful.

Super casual at times, but work is always being done.

Its clear a lot of planning/ thought had gone into the internship before we arrived.

I think they are looking to hire people (why else would they be giving paid internships?). So yes, i'm sure they are investing in interns.

Very, It would be a good company to work at

Absolutely.
Good turnout for the pub on Fridays. People play smash (for Wii U) during lunch/ after work.
There are all sorts of social events all the time at the company, board games nights etc.

Ghyston offered me a reduced internship pay and they provide my accom. It was super convenient.

Bristol is a pretty great city. I'm sure theres as much or as little nightlife as anyone wants.

already answered in the ' social scene' question