Gas Distribution Engineer at Cadent Gas

Engineering

5.2/10

3.8
6.0

It was ok but not particularly enjoyable.

I felt valued by my team as they were friendly but still felt like the 'placement student' unfortunately.

Overall i was not busy enough and felt more like a burden to my manager. My manager and team were unprepared for my arrival. my manager struggled to give me work when i arrived, and mostly through the year.

Tasks were very basic and i often had to drag out tasks for weeks just to pass the time.

The tasks i were given weren't very relevant, i was just given them so i had something to do. Eventually the work i was doing was just work my manager could not be bothered to do.

There is a good focus on 'personal development' and transferable skills which can be useful anywhere, however the technical development is very limited. I didn't get any engineering knowledge that would help me in my final year of my degree.

generally a positive and very laid back atmosphere.

Overall it was very organised from a HR point of view. However when i arrived my team did not know what to do with me, and my manager was not confirmed for a week or two.

There is a decent amount of training for new starters employees that want to learn more about the company's work.

Good if you like the work they do, however i feel you could easily fade into the background as well.

quite good.

Birmingham and Leicester were nearby so not bad.