1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was ok but not particularly enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my team as they were friendly but still felt like the 'placement student' unfortunately.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Overall i was not busy enough and felt more like a burden to my manager. My manager and team were unprepared for my arrival. my manager struggled to give me work when i arrived, and mostly through the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Tasks were very basic and i often had to drag out tasks for weeks just to pass the time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The tasks i were given weren't very relevant, i was just given them so i had something to do. Eventually the work i was doing was just work my manager could not be bothered to do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There is a good focus on 'personal development' and transferable skills which can be useful anywhere, however the technical development is very limited. I didn't get any engineering knowledge that would help me in my final year of my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
generally a positive and very laid back atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall it was very organised from a HR point of view. However when i arrived my team did not know what to do with me, and my manager was not confirmed for a week or two.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is a decent amount of training for new starters employees that want to learn more about the company's work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good if you like the work they do, however i feel you could easily fade into the background as well.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Birmingham and Leicester were nearby so not bad.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?