Placement Student at Cadent Gas

1.5

Admin Work.
Nothing else was given.
Waste of time.

Nothing really, You will be given admin work work to do which adds zero value. Would not recommend to anyone, will be a wasted year!

I worked in Risk Assurance which was a waste of time as they are not proactive and will waste several days on a task which can be done within a few hours.

Other placement students struggled, however I was lucky enough to leave and find another placement which i now enjoy and have found the career for me.

I met some great people who gave me lots of great advice in order to move forward to another placement and build a career. I still contact them to till this date.

Other than that a lot of employees seemed unhappy to be there, no surprise with the admin workload they are being given.

My manager in Risk Assurance was not supportive and wasted a lot of time. Myself and other placement students mentioned this in our reviews yet nothing was done.

Nothing was organised, for the first two weeks of my placement my manager was unaware I was starting my placement hence no workload was given. After requesting work on a regular basis only admin work was being passed down so I decided to find another placement where i could develop my skills instead of wasting a year.

Not busy at all, Only upsides were early finishes as there was nothing to do.

Nothing as workload given was all admin.(creating posters, leaflets etc.) Adds no value to a university student looking to develop skills on a placement year.

Nothing, it was a waste of time. Would not recommend. You will be better of not doing a placement year than choosing Cadent.

In Risk Assurance it was fairly quiet, nothing really going on. You do not get to choose which department you work in. You will be placed by HR.

Very badly organised, did not have any set workload for placement students. My Manager would decide what workload to give me by passing down other colleagues admin tasks.

Training was done by a secondary company. A lot of which consisted of placement students complaining about having nothing to do.

I left Cadent and it was the best decision I made. I now enjoy my new placement and have found a career i would like to develop within.

Not really, a lot of the placement students were over different parts of the country so we would only see each other on training days.

I lived local so traveled to work, thus cost of living was zero. Onsite canteen is expensive but there is local KFC/Subway/Sainsbury near by.

No nightlife in Hinckley.

No, the placement was unorganized, workload was barely being given, let alone activities outside of work.