Nothing else was given.
Waste of time.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Nothing really, You will be given admin work work to do which adds zero value. Would not recommend to anyone, will be a wasted year!
I worked in Risk Assurance which was a waste of time as they are not proactive and will waste several days on a task which can be done within a few hours.
Other placement students struggled, however I was lucky enough to leave and find another placement which i now enjoy and have found the career for me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I met some great people who gave me lots of great advice in order to move forward to another placement and build a career. I still contact them to till this date.
Other than that a lot of employees seemed unhappy to be there, no surprise with the admin workload they are being given.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager in Risk Assurance was not supportive and wasted a lot of time. Myself and other placement students mentioned this in our reviews yet nothing was done.
Nothing was organised, for the first two weeks of my placement my manager was unaware I was starting my placement hence no workload was given. After requesting work on a regular basis only admin work was being passed down so I decided to find another placement where i could develop my skills instead of wasting a year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Not busy at all, Only upsides were early finishes as there was nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Nothing as workload given was all admin.(creating posters, leaflets etc.) Adds no value to a university student looking to develop skills on a placement year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Nothing, it was a waste of time. Would not recommend. You will be better of not doing a placement year than choosing Cadent.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In Risk Assurance it was fairly quiet, nothing really going on. You do not get to choose which department you work in. You will be placed by HR.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very badly organised, did not have any set workload for placement students. My Manager would decide what workload to give me by passing down other colleagues admin tasks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training was done by a secondary company. A lot of which consisted of placement students complaining about having nothing to do.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I left Cadent and it was the best decision I made. I now enjoy my new placement and have found a career i would like to develop within.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not really, a lot of the placement students were over different parts of the country so we would only see each other on training days.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived local so traveled to work, thus cost of living was zero. Onsite canteen is expensive but there is local KFC/Subway/Sainsbury near by.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
No nightlife in Hinckley.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
No, the placement was unorganized, workload was barely being given, let alone activities outside of work.