1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at Cadent Gas, I had fantastic colleagues and a really good cohort of placement students and graduates. The work I did was overall interesting and challenging with a strong sense of reward and responsibility.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues on my first day as they all sort to ensure I was comfortable in the working environment. As time went on, I became a trusted member of the department and made some great contacts that I keep in touch with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support and guidance that I received from my supervisor was one of the main reasons why I settled into my placement so well. I have learnt a lot of key skills and values from my supervisor and they always ensured that the right support was available whilst at the same time pushing me to take on more responsibility.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I did project work, so if I wasn't busy on a particular project I would focus on another to ensure I was also kept on top of my day. Managing this balance has helped me so far in my final year of university by swapping between modules and dissertations.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After the 3 month review I was immediately stuck in with my own piece of work which I lead until the end of the placement. Within other projects I was also used as a key contact for stakeholders and project progression.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As mentioned earlier I have already begun to use my personal time management skills that I developed at Cadent Gas . Ensuring tasks are done at different deadlines and creating milestone plans have certainly come in handy.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation of the work placement started off a little bit slow in regard to understanding what job role I had and where I would be working. However, this was due to changes in the placement scheme. Throughout the year, the reviews were organised well and the training was extremely valuable.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training that the company provided was evident throughout the year in different sessions. They have helped me to understand my key strengths and values a business world. It is evident by that the nature of the training that we weren't just placement students and instead look at as key development characters.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The graduate scheme seemed very appealing from the start and follows a good scheme of rotation around the business. There is a strong emphasis from the start that you are being developed in the eyes of moving onto the graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The scene among fellow placement students and graduates was fantastic. There was a lot of chances to socialize and also a few work trips which consisted of only graduates and students
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?