Emergency - Operations at Cadent Gas

Leicester East Midlands
Mechanical Engineering

8.2/10

Fantastic year. Great team around me and a lot of support if required. Spent a lot of time out on site, the best way to learn and a nice break from the office.

During early stages of the year, the feeling was that my team didn't really know what to do with me, or what I could be working on. Following first quarterly review, workload picked up and I began adding real value to the team.

I didn't see much of my my line manager day to day, however he assigned me to a supervisor, who was extremely supportive. Made me feel welcome from day and was always looking for work to get me involved with.

Got busier throughout the placement. As I began to get my feet under the table, lots of work came my way. During the last quarter I found myself very busy.

A few bits of work that i produced were rolled out in East Mids, with potential for them to be used across all networks.

Didn't do much 'engineering', but enhanced my people skills, a variety of software skills and allowed me to get a real insight into working life.

Worked in a variety of locations. My day-day office in Leicester was a small, 3/4 man office. Engineers would be in and out al day, great bunch, made it a great working atmosphere.

Quarterly reviews resolved any issues you might have had.

Devloped a lot of skills that I'll carry through the rest of my career.

Would love to return.

Lived with three other students on the scheme, but rarely organised social events.

Leicester city center, £100 a week, all bills included.

Plenty of pubs and bars.

5-aside football with guys from work. Engagement events with team, I went bowling, clay pigeon shooting and go karting on engagement events during my time here