1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic year. Great team around me and a lot of support if required. Spent a lot of time out on site, the best way to learn and a nice break from the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
During early stages of the year, the feeling was that my team didn't really know what to do with me, or what I could be working on. Following first quarterly review, workload picked up and I began adding real value to the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I didn't see much of my my line manager day to day, however he assigned me to a supervisor, who was extremely supportive. Made me feel welcome from day and was always looking for work to get me involved with.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Got busier throughout the placement. As I began to get my feet under the table, lots of work came my way. During the last quarter I found myself very busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A few bits of work that i produced were rolled out in East Mids, with potential for them to be used across all networks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Didn't do much 'engineering', but enhanced my people skills, a variety of software skills and allowed me to get a real insight into working life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Worked in a variety of locations. My day-day office in Leicester was a small, 3/4 man office. Engineers would be in and out al day, great bunch, made it a great working atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Quarterly reviews resolved any issues you might have had.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Devloped a lot of skills that I'll carry through the rest of my career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to return.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lived with three other students on the scheme, but rarely organised social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Leicester city center, £100 a week, all bills included.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Plenty of pubs and bars.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
5-aside football with guys from work. Engagement events with team, I went bowling, clay pigeon shooting and go karting on engagement events during my time here