Marvel & Disney.Pixar Licensing intern - boys toys at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Central London and City
Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Management Manufacturing Market Research Marketing Sales

6.8/10

6.4

5.5

Worked from a regional level across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) managing the licensing business. With brands such as Lego, Hasbro and Mattel.

I really enjoyed my placement. Disney is a really fun and friendly company to work for. My managers were amazing and i really couldn't have asked for better mentors.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

I felt extremely values. I was always given good feedback, from managers, directors and even a VP were appropriate. Which really made the job more rewarding.

I was entrusted to carry out big projects and manage different areas of my teams jobs.

Amazing support from my manager. She was always there to answer questions and listen. I have weekly 1:1 meetings with both my managers to go through my work that week if i have any concerns or needed anything from them.

Relatively. I went through stages of being quieter, but that was mainly seasonal, eg. christmas and over the summer holiday period. But I had a good work load and I was given more challenging tasks as my confidence and ability in my role developed.

My responsibility grew slowly in the beginning. But i ended my placement with managing a small TV franchise. Organising summits for 50+ people and so on. I really felt like a valued member of the team rather than just an intern.

To an enourmous extent. It will help me in my studies as i will be able to relate it back to my time in a global organisation. It will also help me with time management and confidence in my ability. And give me a USP when going out to get a graduate role.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

Fun, hard working, friendly, trusting, calm.

Amazingly well. it such a large company so you would expect it.

in terms of time, hugely. Finically, very little, there were no courses or anything that interns could do. I did manage to get on to some talks during their education weeks though.

I would go back and work there. However, moral can be quite low at times due to extensive budget cuts. - They do not have a graduate scheme.

It was average. More boys on my floor and the girls were bitchy.

I lived at home as my family lived in London. my cost was very low.

Good pubs and bars around. and easy to get the tube to different places in london

The boys had a football team. Other than that i didn't hear of much. Maybe on other floors