2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely values. I was always given good feedback, from managers, directors and even a VP were appropriate. Which really made the job more rewarding.
I was entrusted to carry out big projects and manage different areas of my teams jobs.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Amazing support from my manager. She was always there to answer questions and listen. I have weekly 1:1 meetings with both my managers to go through my work that week if i have any concerns or needed anything from them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Relatively. I went through stages of being quieter, but that was mainly seasonal, eg. christmas and over the summer holiday period. But I had a good work load and I was given more challenging tasks as my confidence and ability in my role developed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My responsibility grew slowly in the beginning. But i ended my placement with managing a small TV franchise. Organising summits for 50+ people and so on. I really felt like a valued member of the team rather than just an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
To an enourmous extent. It will help me in my studies as i will be able to relate it back to my time in a global organisation. It will also help me with time management and confidence in my ability. And give me a USP when going out to get a graduate role.
Imagine yourself working at The Walt Disney Company
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company