Audit Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Greater London

8.0/10

Working at Disney has been truly challenging and incredible at the same tims. From my internship the most important memory to me was my team the audit team! They are truly hardworking and thought me what it was to work with multi cultured individuals, work under pressure, manage and plan audits and lastly always to keep striving to learn more.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

My team have taught me a lot this year. Mostly which is excel. It is very important to note if a student aspires to work in the finance field that they have some knowledge in excel. It was what I used this whole year everyday learning new methods to improve skills. My collegues appreciated the fact I was driven to learn more about it as itwas pivatol for my internship.

My supervisor has provided tremendous support this past year. I have been involved in various administrative cases outside my responsibilities knowing that I have to learn the other parts of what auditors regularly do. I thank my supervisor and my team for their constant guidance this past year.

Depending on the audit schedule we would have a time pouring with audits where I will be filled with work and a time it would be relaxing and I could take my time to evaluate the situation. This whole year I have had audits non stop and I enjoyed the complexity in each one of them.

I was given a lot of responsibilty because the team will not treat you just as an intern, they will guide you how to work like a planner or an analyst and make you think like one. I was not onlu focusing on my job responsibilites but was assisting hugely in other roles too.

I heading into my final year in Accounting and Finance. Being an audit intern will help me tremendously in audit and assurance which is a compulsory module in my university. Alongside this, there is advanced financial reporting and advance corporate finance that I have gained more knowledge through my internship.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

Working at Disney was truly magical. Everyone in the office were ready to offer a helping hand if ever needed. Lots of disney toys everywhere. My first week in Disney I was just in awe and now that I successfully completed a year I just cannot imagine saying good bye.

My time at Disney was an experience. Before working here I never knew how much went into the success of this organisation and working for it learning different segments of the company was truly educational. Disney Consumer Products is one of the segments I worked for under The Walt Disney Company.