VPI service Engineering at Cummins

Business Management Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

5.9/10

4.8

overall the placement went very well, i was able to get an insight on how different functions work together within a company in order to launch products into the market.

i was given a 'real job', and have lead and have aid in numerous project throughout my placement year.

Due to changes within the company, I didn't get much guidance and support as i was initially promised.

Being on numerous projects meant that I was very bust daily, i really enjoyed my placement and this year has really flown by!

i was given active roles, i have also led projects, held meetings and presented to a global audience. I also had a chance a represent the company to a supplier.

I was given full training for my specific role, and my communication, presentation, interpersonal skills have improved drastically.
i was also given Health and Safety passport and also program management training.

the atmosphere is very quiet.

towards the start of my placement, there was a clear structure and my year was laid out. However, due to business structure changes, i did feel a lack of organisation within the company

the company did value me, and gave the same level of training and travelling opportunities as a full time employee.

Cummins is a great company to work for, they really do take good care of their employees and encourages them to support the local community!

yes- we were a social bunch and held regular social gatherings.

very reasonable, plus the students all tend to live in the same area.

there isn't much options

Kent is a quiet place, but its has a lot of tourist attractions and has regular trains to London.