1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
overall the placement went very well, i was able to get an insight on how different functions work together within a company in order to launch products into the market.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
i was given a 'real job', and have lead and have aid in numerous project throughout my placement year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Due to changes within the company, I didn't get much guidance and support as i was initially promised.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Being on numerous projects meant that I was very bust daily, i really enjoyed my placement and this year has really flown by!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
i was given active roles, i have also led projects, held meetings and presented to a global audience. I also had a chance a represent the company to a supplier.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was given full training for my specific role, and my communication, presentation, interpersonal skills have improved drastically.
i was also given Health and Safety passport and also program management training.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the atmosphere is very quiet.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
towards the start of my placement, there was a clear structure and my year was laid out. However, due to business structure changes, i did feel a lack of organisation within the company
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company did value me, and gave the same level of training and travelling opportunities as a full time employee.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Cummins is a great company to work for, they really do take good care of their employees and encourages them to support the local community!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes- we were a social bunch and held regular social gatherings.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
very reasonable, plus the students all tend to live in the same area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there isn't much options
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Kent is a quiet place, but its has a lot of tourist attractions and has regular trains to London.