Studios Finance Intern at The Walt Disney Company

London

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

3.4/5

4.2
3.1
2.5

Assisting the Finance manager through Budget, Close and Forecast periods.

I have enjoyed my placement, great company to work for. Plenty of opportunity in terms of work to do, Disney events and volunteering. Also, I was allowed to work with other departments when I wasn't so busy, which was great.

I felt fairly valued by my colleagues, could have done with some more recognition though. Felt like mistakes were highlighted, but when work was done well/above expectations, it wasn't really mentioned.

Manager was always available whenever I had a question.

This depended on the time of year it was, during Budget/Close/Forecast times it was a lot busier, but there would be some weeks where there wouldn't be much to do. This was expected, though.

I was given the perfect amount of responsibility on my placement, which had increased as time went on and I became better at the job. Was trusted with very important reports and dealing with stakeholders without supervision. However, I never felt overwhelmed, which is key.

I think the skills I've learnt will help me significantly throughout my final year at university and future career; attention to detail, diligence and communication skills to mention a few.

Fairly relaxed, everyone was really friendly and willing to chat. There was a good balance of chat/work though, so you never felt distracted by what was going on around you (and I sat next to the printer for the whole year!). Filled with plush/fun, as you would assume Disney would be like!

The placement organisation was great, everything was seamlessly handled by the HR team.

Not much direct training for interns specifically, but there were plenty of online modules and training schemes you could take advantage of if you wanted to.

Not great, the company doesn't offer grad schemes unfortunately, With that being said, I have met a lot of ex-intern full-time workers who have come back after their final years of university. All depends on what comes up at the time and your teams requirements.

Great social scene among placement students, there were nearly 200 of us!

Steep, as you imagine London would be (I paid £700+ per month for my room in a house-share)...Socialising was also expensive.

Few pubs/bars in Hammersmith, but Central London was only a half hour away where the nightlife was a lot better.

There were a few opportunities to volunteer, and a few of us interns organised 5-a-side football in a local league, that was about it as far as I was aware.