Corporate Finance Intern at Warner Bros

Accounts Receivable - including AR Reconciliation
Credit Control
Banking
Resolving Queries

I did not enjoy the Billing role as much, but I have found that I would very much like to have a job after university focused on Accounts Receivable and Credit Control.

The Accounts dept that I worked with was very friendly and easy to work with. We helped each other and knew who to turn to if we had any problems.

On a day-to-day basis, I worked independently, but also as part of a team. My supervisor worked closely with me, and my manager monitored my progress.

I was bored doing the Billing role because it was tedious, but the Filmbank role kept me busy and occupied.

I was given the opportunity to work independently and manage myself and own my work.

The skills and training I have gained through the placement are invaluable, and I know that no matter what I am doing, they will help. For example, my Presentation Skills training helped me to give a clear and constructive presentation at my University about my placement.

Being an Entertainment company, there was always somethign exciting happening either that week or coming soon, and the perks were vry good.

The company has had the intern scheme running for several years, and it was very well organised, especially the changeovers and handovers, which are very smooth.

I found that all of the training was relevant to my University schedule for the placement year. As I was given my own responsibilities, I see this as an investment, because they are giving me the opportunity to use my initiative and work through problems, as well as praising good work.

I have submitted my name in case they need someone in the future, but I am well aware that the role that I would want to be doing would be taken by the next intern, I am not sure how likely it is for me to get a job back at the company.

The interns have their own community within the company, and so they would organise nights out. I also went out with colleagues in my dept.

I lived in a rented flat in East London near my family home with my boyfriend for the majority of my placement, as it was halfway between both of our placements - mine in Holborn, and his in Essex. I am now back at home for the remainder of my palcement because my tenancy ended 2 months before my placement, but a renewal didn't make sense.

Being from London, I have continued to go to the "usual haunts", but working in Holborn opened up some new opportunities, and I have been to some new places - but not directly linked to work.

Most of these activities were free screenings, and there were quite a few events. I was able to attend 3 premieres, but these were not always easy to come by, understandably.