Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Warner Bros. Discovery
- 7. Would you recommend Warner Bros. Discovery to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Warner Bros. Discovery
The role involves you to work cross-divisional with all departments. During my placement experience I worked closely with marketing, publicity, trade and more. You work on different areas of the theatrical campaign supporting across all assets and areas. You are mainly responsible for managing all creative for cinemas, meaning you work closely with trade marketing. You can also have the responsibility of working on DOOH/OOH, AV, Radio, Display, Press Ads, Social and publicity. You also are responsible for the theatrical budget sheet and finance in your department as well as the administration of assets and systems.
The skills I have developed are in abundance. Starting as simple as adapting to the corporate world and learning to write emails! I have also developed key skills in time management, organization and communication.
I was given a lot of responsibility while on placement. Even given the task to manage a title by myself (Catherine Tate's The Nan). Meaning I was responsible for managing all the creative for everything under that title. Including taking ownership of the budget and deadlines. I was lucky enough that I had an extremely responsive manager meaning on each title I was able to learn and expand through taking on responsibility in the different segments I wanted to develop.
Support & Guidance
I was lucky enough to be placed in an amazing team meaning I received a lot of support and guidance. I was able to work closely with everyone in the team meaning I was able to gain valuable knowledge from each member. Even working closely with our VP! As the role is cross-divisional I was also able to work with many different departments meaning working with exceptional minds across the business.
There were many different employee connect events for the interns as well as corporate events as a whole. WBD is constantly trying to expand it's company culture by creating inspiring events for all employees as well as initiatives in the office to help employees. Such as free breakfast and coffee! I was lucky enough to be part of WBD Activate team meaning we were constantly developing different ways to improve the culture and welfare in the business. This is a fairly new initiative and is constantly expanding, so lots more to come!
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. So much so I don't want to leave! I have absolutely fallen in love with the industry and role and now building my career prospects around working in creative in the entertainment industry. I would love to come back and couldn't think of a better role! This was definitely the best placement experience I could have hoped for.
When applying it is important to show a genuine interest for the industry as well as your key skills and talents. I think the main thing is the employees want someone who they can get on with but who would also be professional! So it is great to show your personality but not to get too carried away.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City