Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Warner Bros. Discovery
- 7. Would you recommend Warner Bros. Discovery to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Warner Bros. Discovery
- Daily management of international accounts - Amending Availability Lists based on new clearances specific to the market sector and contractual agreement - Creating newsletters based on the availability lists - Placing the order and tracking this process from start to finish to ensure the licensee receives all content in time - Update monthly returns report for Healthcare and Transport customers - Managing STSL requests from customer in LatAm
I've significantly developed the following skills: - Organisation - Efficiency - Microsoft Excel - Communication - Presentation - Admin I've also been able to acquire many new skills and job experiences such as: - Solely managing clients - Communication with international clients - Working in a professional environment - Using Power BI
Despite being a large company, I was given a lot of responsibility during my time at WarnerMedia. From the very first week I was given a list of tasks I was able to complete on my own, asking for any help if I needed it. As the months went on I was gradually given more responsibility and my manager always ensured I was comfortable with the amount of work I had to do.
Support & Guidance
My manager and team always provided me with all the support I needed despite me having to work from home. I never felt as if I couldn't ask them any questions as they were always more than happy to help. The Early careers team at Warner were also a massive help and great addition to the internship providing us with people we could talk to outside of our team.
As a company Warner really value all their employees, whether that's a manager or intern like me. Even though it is such a big company there was always a great sense of teamwork, positivity and closeness. The company are always hosting events for significant issues such as Earth Day, LGBTQ+, International Women's Day etc. When we're not working, as interns we always tried to organise evenings and nights out together and sometimes we would even go out with our own teams.
I really enjoyed my placement at Warner Media. It's been so nice having a break from University and getting to experience the real world of work. I've developed multiple skills and had so many opportunities to network. I've also been able to do some cool things such as going to Premieres and Pre-Screenings which is an added bonus. Additionally, I've genuinely made friends for life and been able to meet such a great group of like-minded, motivated and hard working individuals.
- Make sure you research not only the company but your role beforehand! - It's important that you are genuinely passionate about the company and the role as that makes you stand out more than anything else - It's great to already have some work experience and multiple skills however, a willingness to learn is sometimes valued a lot more - Be confident, but not overconfident - It's okay to be nervous but also just enjoy the assessment day - As cliché as it sounds, just be yourself!
Placement Year (10 Months+)