1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Being a complete petrol head and into business, this placement was absolutely perfect for me. I have had great exposure to the business as well as taking part in events such as motor shows, trackdays, etc.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The marketing department I work with is such a great team. Everyone was willing to help me if I struggled with any work, which was comforting especially at the beginning.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The role I working with in was very flexible, so if you ran out of things to do there was always tasks lined up waiting to keep you busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Nissan Motors GB give their placement students real roles within the organisation so work you complete has real meaning.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I didn’t receive a huge amount of training as my role was 'learn by doing'. The experience I have had at Nissan Motor GB will help me endlessly at university and beyond for sure.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Work hard and play hard. The work is tough and very challenging but its very satisfying at the end of the day. Nissan Motors GB organise events in the evening for staff which is always great fun! The great team I work in help with the atmosphere for sure.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Solid induction, a 2 weeks handover with the last placement year and a team that is always willing to help. I felt it was very well organised. The only negative is that they don't give you much notice between a job offer and having to find somewhere to live.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There wasn't a huge amount of training but I felt I learned vast amounts about business and the automotive industry by working in my role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is an established graduate programme that I will apply for next year (fingers crossed).
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
When we were together we got on well. Evenings were a bit of an issue as everyone lives far away from each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Maple cross is a very expensive place to live.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is no nightlife in Maple Cross. You have to travel to Watford for the nearest club.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Sports and social events ran now and again. 5 a side football and badminton also runs most weeks.