Human Resource Management Intern at BMW Group

Human Resources

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.7/10

6.5

I couldn't have asked for a better placement, I always looked forward to the next day, no day was ever the same and i was given so many opportunities, it has definitely been a valuable experience.

I was never treated like a student, I was taken on as part of the team and I was treated no different! I was involved in everything the rest of the team were involved with and gained a lot of knowledge and experience from them, they were my work family!

I was given full support from all of the management team I worked with and even management from other departments, everyone was very helpful and would support you with absolutely anything you needed help with!

The perfect balance, and even if you found yourself too busy or bored, my manager was always able to delegate tasks to me or if I had too much to do in the space of time she would help me out.

I was given a lot more responsibility than I first imagined, I thought I would be able to oversee meetings, however I was able to take part and even lead my own meeting! With the amount of responsibility I was given I was able to grow and develop my skills for the future

I have gained such a good experience within business but i have also developed my own personal skills which I am able to transfer into my studies and all of my future jobs!

Atmosphere was very friendly, very professional but we would also have a laugh and a joke!

The placement was extremely organised, I was given so many opportunities to learn about many different things however I also got stuck into a lot of projects with senior managers! Excellent placement.

The company invested a lot in me as they focus a lot on future talent for the organisation. I had in house training and training such as employment law training which was done by external people.

I would love to work with The BMW Group when I graduate, I am definitely at an advantage over other candidates for their graduate schemes!

There was a huge intern base which were very social, it's a mix of interns from all over the world so it's really nice to mix with such a variety of students.

Socialising and living in Oxford is fairly expensive however you can find nice rooms to rent and socialise with the salary you get!
I wasn't able to save any money though!

The nightlife was always thriving in Oxford, plenty of places to go, loads of lovely bars! Luckily Oxford is fairly close to Cheltenham so I was able to see my uni friends! It is also a 45 minute bus journey into London if you fancied a change from Oxford.

BMW is such a big company there were always events to get involved with out of work! As the company supports a lot of events in Oxford. Plenty of opportunity, even running the London marathon!