Business Change and Technology Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

5.9/10

6.7
5.2

5.5

Standard Life really cares about the interns and wants them to feel at ease and have a good their time there, that's why I really enjoyed working there. The atmosphere in the office is positive.

I had a good relationship with my collegues, I could ask them about things I wanted to know or for help. They made me feel integrated and valued.

My supervisor was very good in showing me all the important things of the company I should know about and I felt free to ask him for information or things related to his job I was curious about.
He provided me with a good understanding of the company and gave me clear tasks.

I was not very busy, I had time to go and shadow different areas, and I had plenty of time to finish my tasks without being in a hurry or pressure.

I was given more responsibility than I could imagine, I was very glad for it. It meant they trusted me, and this made me feel wanting to show the best of my potentiality.

I was asked to complete different tasks so I had to use a range of skills that I think to be useful for my future activities in studying and working.

It was good. I enjoyed spending my ten weeks there, the atmosphere was quite informal, but everybody was focused and willing to help as soon as I needed it.

The internship was overall well organized. Every week all the interns had meetings to give their opinion about the internship and to do different activities, for example I had participated to a Charity Challenge.

I feel the company invested in me because they dedicated a lot of time to make sure I worked and my best and developed different skills and a wide knowledge of the company and the market where it operates.

At the end of the internship I could be offered a graduate placement for 2 years.

Yes, it was good, because we had the chance to share our accommodation with another intern, and we lived all in the same apartments, therefore it was easy to meet.

Not extremely cheap, but not too high as well.

It was good, there are some really nice places to go to.

The period was the one of the Festivals in Edinburgh, there was always something going on.