Creating reports on a weekly and monthly basis. Furthermore to assisst different parties within the department and the departments managers.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The daily work was very variable and never boring. As I had during the whole internship my own projects and responsibilities it was possible to work most of the time on my own what I enjoyed very much.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was accepted as a full team member and never felt to be alone within the department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I got some support at everytime it was necessary.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My work was most of the time very busy. Buyt I prefer to have stress rather than sitting arount and not do know what to do the whole day. My workload varied from average 45 hours a week to partly 50 hours a week.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I got loads of responsibility and had my own projects. In this case I am very satisfied.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship taught me in skills what I have not learned that much during my engineering degree: team and social intelligence thinking. So I think the internship provided that what I needed most. Especially the english working culture is much more social! So it was a very good experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was very personal and also dynamic. The team thinking was at every time in the heads of the staff what supports the atmosphere in a positive way.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The start and the general internship was smooth organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had the opportunity to go to germany for an assessment center. I had at any time the opportunity to develop myself.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think it is difficult to start within RR as permanent. Probably the only way leads over external partners.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Good atmosphere within other students and colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The costs for living are enormous in chichester and the area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a lots of pups in Chichester and surrounding area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes of course. Appointments where made during work to meet after work.