Function Integration at BMW Group

Automotive Automotive

BMW Group is a Top Employer

6.2/10

6.4

Function Integration Student supporting analysis of series and pre-series vehicle analysisi

The working atmosphere at Rolls Royce motorcars was very enjoyable with great colleagues and interesting tasks

Valued quite highly and used in for various versatile tasks.

My manager was very supportive throughout the year always happy to help.

There were times during shutdowns and other occassions where I wish I had more workload. However during buildphases and other periods for the company it was very very busy.

Some responsibility was given to me however it was still only enough for a student

It will be very helpful as it has helped me integrate into a professional working environment and has greatly developed my communication and most of all my ability to structurally solve problems.

The atmosphere in the office is very relaxed due to the friendly nature of the colleagues. It was also a very fu working enivronment due to people's humour!

The beginning especially was very badly organised as we started during a shutdown where no vehicles were being manufactured. As the year went on the organisation took care of itself as people would approach you with tasks once they knew you were more capable.

There were some opportunities for training however these were considered more as workshops and as a a result no certification was distributed. The opportunity to visit the BMW Plant in Leipzig as well as testing vehicles at millbrook was a great experience.

To me the prospect of returning to a job role at the company is quite appealing. However I am put off by the lack of progression as all higher up positions are usually filled by members of other BMW plants

Due to a large number of students (20-25) there was a great social aspect to the industrial placement year

Chichester is a very small city and due to lack of competition the prices are borderline extortionate especially considering the fact that there is not much to do to entertain yourself.

There are many bars in town however due to the cathedral everything shuts at 12. In terms of nightlife the only places to go were Thursdays (which has now been closed down) and Sheikhs which were both not very good

For the first half of the placement it was quite quiet however the last 6 months have been filled with regular activities on a weekly basis.