7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is very relaxed due to the friendly nature of the colleagues. It was also a very fu working enivronment due to people's humour!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The beginning especially was very badly organised as we started during a shutdown where no vehicles were being manufactured. As the year went on the organisation took care of itself as people would approach you with tasks once they knew you were more capable.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were some opportunities for training however these were considered more as workshops and as a a result no certification was distributed. The opportunity to visit the BMW Plant in Leipzig as well as testing vehicles at millbrook was a great experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To me the prospect of returning to a job role at the company is quite appealing. However I am put off by the lack of progression as all higher up positions are usually filled by members of other BMW plants
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Due to a large number of students (20-25) there was a great social aspect to the industrial placement year
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Chichester is a very small city and due to lack of competition the prices are borderline extortionate especially considering the fact that there is not much to do to entertain yourself.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are many bars in town however due to the cathedral everything shuts at 12. In terms of nightlife the only places to go were Thursdays (which has now been closed down) and Sheikhs which were both not very good
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
For the first half of the placement it was quite quiet however the last 6 months have been filled with regular activities on a weekly basis.
Imagine yourself working at BMW Group
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group