1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was very enjoyable experience and have gained a lot from this year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
After the first couple of months, more responsibility was given meaning you feel valued by the team and become part of the team very quickly. They were all very approachable and friendly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
When I needed support and guidance it was there for me, and I could go to my colleagues and managers for help. However, with a re-organisation of the company and change of management I felt more support could have been given.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always busy and had tasks and projects to work on. Learnt how to prioritise well and balance my workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I moved through my placement I was given more and more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Very valuable and have gained skills I didn't think I would have. This will definitely be an advantage in my degree next year and have a wide range of examples to show from this.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and a positive atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised and set up good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had training on marketing tools and was given the opportunity to visit the creative agency we use office. Also got to be on the stand at the business travel show event and attended a digital marketing show/event in London.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They do not offer a graduate scheme here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We sometimes went out together and however, quite a few lived at home so was difficult for them. There was a social club which we participated in.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive as lived in Langley and if we went out it was mainly to Windsor which was not that cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not that good, there was Windsor which has some good bars and was fairly close, but that was it really.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was the social club which held an event every month, which involved things like bubble football and boat parties.