Finance Intern at Travelport

Langley South East
Accountancy Financial Management

6.3/10

3.8

Very enjoyable and valuable experience overall.

I felt like I was making a real contribution to the team.

We had support available from our managers, our team, the mentors we were assigned to and from anyone who was involved in the internship programmer. So I felt like I always had someone to go to.

There were busy periods on a monthly basis, but always something to do if not.

I had a fair amount of responsibility from the start and this grew as I become more confident with my work and gained more knowledge and experience.

Learnt to use financial systems and developed Microsoft Office skills as well as soft skills such as presenting which will be useful in my future career.

Friendly and open atmosphere in the office.

The internship programme was very well organised - as well as assigned roles for our day to day job, there were several workshops, projects and training sessions for us.

We took part in many useful training sessions such as aspiring managers and public speaking training.

No graduate scheme.

We spent quite a bit of time at work together but not so much outside of work due to where everyone lived. However we did do some things from time to time.

I commuted from my family home which saved more money than renting out. Windsor is where we went out to socialise, which was rather expensive.

Not very good, but Windsor has some good bars and pubs.

We have a social club at work which hosts a variety of social activities such as boat parties, bubble football, go karting, etc. We also had team events outside of working hours.