International Digital Distribution (International Product Management) at Warner Bros

Arts/Entertainment/Media Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Logistics and Operations Marketing Mathematics/Statistics Media

9.7/10

Coordinated HBO digital releases internationally, including; UK, France, Germany, Australia and Korea.
Assisted the Vice President of International Product Management in developing and implementing product and franchise strategies.

It was fantastic, I don't want to leave!

Extremely, colleagues are welcoming and have became good friends in the past year. The social aspect of this placement year both internally and externally is great. Department colleagues are also always asking for and welcome your opinions, giving you the freedom to express your personal ideas in meetings.

Having never working in a corporate company or office before, my supervisor was extremely supportive helping with correct communication skills and email etiquette.

Extremely busy. However, the workload was manageable and not overbearing.

A lot, a lot of trust is put in you with the creation and distribution of release slates. Which is fundamentally the starting point for scheduling all International digital distribution. Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents were also extremely open to receiving my opinions on scheduling towards the end of the placement.

I will go back to University with a working mentality, and especially effective organisational and planning skills. Over the past year at HBO I have worked in more than my own department, helping out with Publicity, Marketing and Sales, which has allowed me to develop skills that will benefit me applying for jobs after graduation.

Friendly and social!

Very, you have a well defined role in the company and are given a set amount of responsibility that increases throughout the year.

A lot, we were offered and I participated in Excel and Keynote training, as well as regular training on the Warner Bros intern programme.

Very, I would love to come back and work for HBO!

Yes, the intern programme is so big that mostly every week and/or weekend there are nights out with fellow interns. Their are also lots of social events with colleagues from the HBO office.

Expensive, but manageable. You receive a fantastic wage that you can afford to enjoy yourself a little. Travelling into work is quite expensive, but that is expected.

Working in Central London you have access to almost everywhere, Soho has loads of brilliant small bars.

Yes, at least once or twice a month within the office, and most weeks within the intern group.